CET day 2017
Date(s) - 18/09/2017
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Free 2017 CET event
Sandwell and Dudley LOCs are delighted to invite you to our next joint CET event for the new CET cycle
DATE: Monday 18th September 2017.
VENUE: The Park Inn, Birmingham Rd (M5 Jct1), West Bromwich, B70 6RS
TIME: 09.00 to 17.55
The day’s theme is the Minor Eye Conditions Service (MECS), we will be discussing the triage process, how to decide if a case is MECS or a sight test and how best to examine and manage common acute eye conditions.
- MECS peer discussion (mandatory for every performer who provides MECS)
- Acute vision loss and OCT by Samar El-Sherbiny, Consultant Ophthalmologist at The Westbourne Centre
- Management of sudden-onset diplopia by Claire Studley-Scott, Orthoptist
- Management of retinal abnormalities by Mr Kim Son Lett, Consultant Ophthalmologist at BMEC
- Red eye peer discussion by Dr Paramdeep Bilkhu
9 CET points for both OOs and DOs!
Free parking and buffet
There will be several MECS peer discussion events (3 CET points) run by the Primary Eyecare Company (PEC) over the next 6 months to ensure all locally accredited performers will be able to participate: it is a mandatory element of the MECS contract to attend one of these events.
We have a limited amount of space available, so please book as soon as possible and feel free to tell your colleagues about this fantastic educational event.
You will be placed on the waiting list if all places have been taken.
Booking is online only at http://sandwell-loc.co.uk/events/cet-day-2017/